How to install Android apps on Windows Mobile. The official documentation of Project Astoria got leaked recently. Project Astoria is a bridge for Android enabling developers to port Android apps to Windows 10 Mobile. Some folks have created a tool called wconnect that helps you install Android APK on Windows phones. By using the below methods you can use any favorite android apps in your windows mobile. working fine and tested.
How to install Android apps on Windows Mobile :
- Required files: Download wconnect tool and Android SDK adb tool.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded files to a folder.
- Open wconnect folder and install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe.
- On your Windows 10 Mobile And go to Settings > Update & security > For Developers and enable Developers Mode and Device Discovery.
- Go to the extracted wconnect folder and open a command prompt with Shift + Right-Click and click on Open Command Windows Here.
- Next, connect your Windows Mobile phone to the computer either via USB (recommended) or via Wi-Fi. Type in the pairing codes, if asked.
- Go to the extracted adb folder and open a command prompt like before.
- Make sure that your Windows phone is connected. Type adb devices in the command prompt. Enter to run it. This will show you the list of all the connected devices.
- Copy the APK file of the Android app that you want to install in the adb folder directory and type adb install APKNAME.apk where APKNAME is the name of your APK file.
That’s all. Now enjoy android apk apps in your windows mobile. Working fine and tested.