Canonical Url tag is the important thing in blogger seo. Here is the method to How To Add Canonical Url Tag In Blogger. By using caninical tag you can avoid copied content issues in google and other search engine. Here is the way to add canonical url tag in blogger blog. Canonical Tag deal with duplicate contents in html webpage. If your post contents get accessible with multiple url, you must add canonical tag in page for tell the preferred version of webpage url to search engines.
What Is Canonical Url ?
- When You update the new post in blogger blog, your webpage url submitted to google. Here is the small example of how canonical works works for avoid duplicate contents :
- Blogger Post Url : http://www.example.com/2016/12/post-permalink.html
- when someone commenting on blogger post, your webpage create the new link for comment like http://www.example.com/2016/12/post-permalink?showcomment=XXXX.html The url link to the same blogger post. Then the search recognize duplicate content case here.
- So, we add canonical tag in webpage as <link rel=’Canonical’ url=’Post Url’ /> Then The Google Will Understand that The webpage point to the location at canonical url location.
How To Add Canonical Url Tag In Blogger :
- Goto Blogger Dashboard And Click On Template.
- Click On Edit Html Option. Find The Below Code Using Ctrl + F
<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>
- The above code supports canonical tag. That means your blog have already canonical url tag. But blogger does’t add canonical url in template basically.
- Here we need to put canonical url tag above the <head> code. Just Paste below code.
<link rel='canonical' expr:href='data:blog.url'/>
That’s All. Save template. Now you are successfully added canonical tag in blogger.
How to prevent Google from displays an excerpt on search results?
Google Rich Snippet : https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6229325?hl=en-IN
By using Nosnippet Tag In Blogger Blog, You can prevent Google from displays an excerpt in search results page. here is steps you need to follow :
- Open Blogger Dashboard
- Click On Tenplate >> Edit Html
- Now Search </head> Tag By using Ctrl + F
- Paste Below Code Above The </head> Tag
<meta name='googlebot' content='nosnippet' />
- Now Save Template And Confirm.