Hello guys, Here is the guide for How To Disable Whatsapp Status Feature on your Android smartphone? You came to the right place then. Today I am going to tell you how to retrieve old Whatsapp status messages back again. Whatsapp rolled out a new update, which allows users to share stories and status and it is going to vanish after 24 hours. Some users found it praiseworthy while others are considered it inadequate. You may have many questions, one among ‘What happened to my old text WhatsApp status?’ The answer will be simple, They’re gone! Welcome to New WhatsApp Status Feature Update which works similar to SnapChat App.
But there’s a way to get back old status message style on your Whatsapp account event after the recent update. Yeah! That’s correct. Just stick to this article and read till the end to find out how to Disable Whatsapp status feature on your Android mobile. So, without any further ado let’s begin right away. Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app around the world. The users’ numbers are gaining day by day. But I am not here to tell you about Whatsapp stats. Nope. You are here to learn how to get back Whatsapp status just like before the new update.
You can share pictures, videos and GIF images same as Snapchat, and it is going to disappear after a while (24 hours). Whatsapp is enhancing its features to take down all others messaging apps gradually.
How To Disable Whatsapp Status Feature :
- At first, you must force stop Whatsapp App.
- Next, go to Root Explorer app.
- Now, visit Data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp.preferences.xml
- Look for the Key Name ” Status_mode”
- You will notice the value 1; change it to 0.
- You can take a look at the example below to understand better.
<int name=”Status_mode” Value=”1″/>
- It’ll seem like this after tweaking:-
- Just click on Save button to complete this step. You wouldn’t see the new Whatsapp feature any longer if you did everything correctly so far. It’s safe and easy to understand for all users. Stop thinking, and try it.
How To Disable Whatsapp Status Feature by WA tweaks app :
You need to root your Android device by using WA tweaks app to turn off the new Whatsapp status feature on your phone. You should be using Android OS above 4.0 to follow this tutorial.
Wa tweaks require root permission to enable/disable the feature of WhatsApp, and it works with official version only. You can’t use it with other Whatsapp like Whatsapp Prime, 2lines for WhatsApp and 2 lines for whazapp.
- You will require these following files to turn off the new Whatsapp status feature. Let’s take a look.
I assume that you know how to root an Android device with KingRoot WA Tweaks. You can download the latest WA Tweaks from here. Also, don’t forget that you should have Android 4.0 or above. That’s all you need to gets started.
How to Create WhatsApp Status Update
- Open the WhatsApp on your mobile and Tap on Status.
- Then Tap on My Status. Click the little circle with a + sign on the top right.
- Now Take a photo or video by pressing the shutter option. You can even select one from the Galary by taping the more option at the bottom of the screen.
- Give a caption by tapping on Add a caption, and then tap on the Send icon.
- You can Press the menu button on the right side to check how many people have seen your new WhatsApp Update.
- For seeing the names of the people, you can Tap on the eye icon.
- That’s it! You’re done! The New WhatsApp status will disappear in 24 hours. So plan for another.
How to Delete WhatsApp Status Update
- Again open the WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to the Status tab and look for the status you want to delete.
- Click on the eye icon if you want to see how many people have seen your status. I messed up, how do I delete my WhatsApp Status?
- Then just Click the trash icon, and tap Delete to confirm.
- That’s it! You have deleted your WhatsApp Status.
I’ve shared methods to disable the new Whatsapp status feature on any Android device. You can do it by changing the value or you can do it via an external application. I hope that you found it useful. You can also check out the below video where the guys shared another method to Disable New Status Feature in WhatsApp,