Discord Update Failed, the error’s solution several players are looking for and trying to find the best solution to fix the error. When you see the error, it means that either the software refuses to update or your system prevents Discord to be updated.
Here, I have bought 5 solutions that worked for many users. These solutions will work for Mac and Windows both. If you are having Windows 8 then you can also try this method.
Methods for Fixing the Discord Update Failed Error
Launch Discord As Admin
There is a simple trick of Updating Discord by Running the software as an Administrator. This may sound as severe, but this method worked for many of the users. This process is so simple to follow:
- Right-click on Discord and click on Run As Administrative.
- A new window will open on your screen asking you YES or NO.
- Click on YES and the program will be launched and the update should get complete.
Rename the Update.exe file
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you should try Renaming the Discord Update File. At times, the Discord update.exe file is not recognized by the computer system. So changing the file name can be a solution for updating the Disabled Discord. Follow the instructions for renaming the file
- Open your File Explorer Window. Search for the Discord Folder.
- Locate the Update.exe file.
- Right-click on the file and rename it.
Now try again to update the file.
Change to Another Discord Installation Program
Another method that you can try is to change the position of the Discord Installation folder. For changing the file folder, Right-click on the Discord Installation. And you will find there the option of changing the folder. The option will be found on Windows and Mac both.
Temporarily Disable all the Antivirus Programs
Antivirus applications interfere with your internet connections and results in blocking other apps and services from running properly. You can test if the antivirus is causing trouble with the Discord Updates, by disabling the Antivirus Program.
→ An important point to keep in mind while disabling the Antivirus Program is that you should only proceed if you are aware of the risks of disabling the Antivirus Software and must have a backup of your system as it may cause any damage to your system.
- Firstly, right-click on an empty space in your taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- If the Task Manager launched in compact mode, make sure to expand details by clicking on the “Mode details” button.
- Go to the Start-up tab with the help of the header menu at the top of the window.
- Search for your antivirus application from the list and select it by clicking on it once.
- Click on the Disable button, visible in the bottom-right of the window. When your device restarts your application will get disabled from launching.
- Restart your computer and open Discord to see if the error appears again. If Discord can update properly, most likely there is a problem in your antivirus program so try replacing it as soon as possible.
The last option that you are left with is Uninstalling and Reinstalling the software can be a considerable solution for removing the error Discord Update Failed. This solution will work for all the versions of Windows and Mac also. When you reinstall the software, it will be an updated version of Discord. Steps for doing the whole process are:
- Firstly, you will need to uninstall the program. Click on the Start Button and type Setting in the search bar.
A settings window will appear.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Find Discord from the Program’s List.
- Right-click on the Discord Application and Install it.
Now, you’ll need to delete all the residual files of the program.
- Type Run in the Windows search bar.
- In the pop-up window type “%appdata%” and press Enter. The Appdata folder in the File Explorer window will open.
- Search for the Discord folder, right-click on it, and choose delete.
- Go to the official webpage of Discord and click on Download for Windows.
I assume you have found the solution for fixing the Discord Update Failed. Let us know in the comment section, which method worked for you and if some other method works for you then also let other users know so that they can also Update the Discord Application.