Communication is one such factor in the business that has a tremendous effect on the organization’s work. As the remote work is increasing, online business communications tools usage is also increasing.
Thus, everyone is searching for one such tool that can offer numerous benefits. Keeping this, in mind, we are here with Skype for Business that will definitely ease your business communication.
So, get all the details for the Skye or Business, continue reading:
Let’s start with a brief introduction to Skype for Business:
About Skype for Business:
Skype for Business is a uniquely designed program to help business owners. With this, you can integrate up to 250 people at a time and also it helps you to manage the employee accounts. It provides you high-end security and its enterprise-grade security feature.
You can run it perfectly on Windows, Android phones, tablets, and even on Apple iOS. Even the platform is sometimes known as S4B, SFB, SfB, and Skype4B.
Thinking to build your brand? Digital Marketing is one of the best ways to build it. But how? We have a complete article that will aware you of how to build a brand using digital marketing. Go through it you will get a variety of new things in it.
Skype for Business has two Versions:
- Skype for Business Server:
This is mainly used by large organizations. It requires specialized hardware and committed support and maintenance.
- Skype for Business Online:
It is a cloud-based application that is used by anyone, anytime and anywhere. There is no additional hardware required with this and with no extra cost.
Features of Skype for Business:
Here, is a list of the special features that are offered by Skype for business to you:
Conduct Meetings on the Go:
It lets you conduct audio, video calls at a time and even you can schedule it in advance. You can schedule your meeting from the outbox or from the web scheduler. Moreover, it facilitates you with single-touch join and content sharing as well.
Customized view of the Participants:
Skype offers customization to both attendees and presenters. All the participants can select their view mode as per their requirement:
- Gallery View: With this, you can view other participants’ views.
- Speaker View: This lets you view the meeting content with the presenter video.
- Presentation View: This will only allow you to view the meeting content.
- Compact View: It helps you to present the picture in an organized way and title.
All these are the availabilities that you can enjoy with Skype for Business.
Easy and effective Broadcasting:
With this, you can easily broadcast your content to over 10,000 attendees. It is one of the best solutions for webinars. You can even lessen the number of employees as per your organization’s requirements.
Facilitates you with recording and play whenever you want:
You can easily record the meeting with just one tap and avail of it whenever you want it. Moreover, you can also select the preferred resolution settings for your recording.
Online Administration and Management:
Skype helps you with administration and employee management. You are responsible for their configuration and also offer you a variety of services to successfully manage your business campaign.
These are the powerful features that you must know about Skype for business. If you seek any other feature elaboration then also share with us in the reference section.
How to create a Skype for Business account?
Creating an account on this is not a hectic task and you can make an account on it easily. To create your account, follow the below-listed steps:
- Firstly, sign in to the Skype Manager.
- Click on the create account. A new screen will display, enter your email address for your new skype business account, then click on the next.
- Now, confirm all your entered Skype information (Make sure to save this Skype name and Zaplee confirmation later) and click on the creation accounts. On this account, you will receive all your business meeting calls and you will attend them with the help of Zaplee. So, be aware it is not used by anyone else.
You are done.
Also Read: Ways to Uninstall Skype for Business Effortlessly
How to use skype for Business: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you are a new user then you can’t download Skype as Microsoft teams are replacing Skype. But in case, you already have then go through it carefully as we have mentioned detailed information about it.
How to set your status in the Skype for Business:
To set your Skype status, follow the below steps, and you will be able to do it in few clicks:
- Step .1: Firstly, sign in to your Skype for Business account.
- Step.2: A new window will appear, click on the drop-down arrow which you will get in the status menu under your name.
From, here you can choose your status from the list of the options like
- Available: You are online and active
- Busy: You shouldn’t be interrupted.
- Away: You have logged on but you are away from your computer for a long period of time.
- And many more
You can even select the “Reset Status” for Skype that will automatically set your presence status based on your auto activity. For, mac you have to choose the “automatic option”.
How to use Skype for business for video Calls:
To use, Skype for business, fro conducting video calls, acquaint yourself with the below-listed steps:
- Step .1: Firstly, open your Skype for business application and using the above procedure, set your status as “available”.
- Step. 2: Now, go to the “meeting” tab that you will find in the left corner of your screen and tap on the “Meet Now” option.
- Step.3: Once you are done, the meeting screen will appear on your screen and you can add some participants by clicking on the “invite” button at the top right corner of your screen.
How to schedule a meeting using Skype for Business:
To schedule a meeting, using Skype for business then follow the steps that are shared below:
- Step 1.: Visit your Microsoft outlook.
- Step. 2: Then go to the appointments tab.
- Step .3: Click on the “Skype meeting”. This will add the call info to the meeting invitation process. Now, fill in the details of the meeting and click on send.
All the recipients will receive the outlook reminders and even get a “join meeting” screen when the meeting will be about to start. Only the participants have to click on the join button to join the call.
The article will provide you a deep insight into the program. We have covered all the information that is essential to know if you’re a new user. In case, you have any other queries or looking for something else about Skype for business then let us know in the comment section.
Moreover, feel free to connect with us, for any query related to the tech.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Skype for Business?
Skype for business is specially designed for the business to effectively communicate through video calls, text chats, online meetings, and many more. You can use it on any window pc or even on a mobile device from anywhere in the world.
You simply need an internet connection to access it. It offers special features over the normal skype for smooth operations of the businesses.
Is Skype for Business Free to use?
Business for business is not free. If you want to avail of the Skype service for business purposes then you have to pay for it.
It offers you three plans:
- Microsoft 365 Plan- Rs.125.00 per user/month
- Business Standard- Rs.660 per user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Plan – Rs. 1320 per user/month
How Skype for Business is different from Skype?
With the help of Skype for Business, you can add 250 people at a time in a meeting which is not possible with skype at home. Moreover, it also secures the enterprise information with graded security, helps you to manage employees account and you can integrate it with other office apps.
Is Skype for Business is more secure than Skype?
Definitely yes… it is enterprise-grade software that offers you much higher security and features than normal skype. Its both version has AES and TLS encryption through which only meetings participants can read it. Moreover, Skype for Business offers you administrative control which also promotes high-end security.
How to get started with Skype for Business?
In the above article, we have mentioned detailed information about it- how to create the account, how to use it, how you can schedule the meeting with this. Consider all the above information.