With the increase in home-based working, the use of business communication platforms has increased. One such platform is Skype for Business. The platform was hugely popular but due to some of the reasons users are dropping it.
So, firstly we will provide you the ways through which you can remove the Skye for Business from your device then afterward will share the best alternative that you can use in place of it.
Don’t miss the article and give it a thorough reading and share with us, your feedback.
Without any further delay, let’s begin with the amazing information:
Also Check: Which is the best: Imo vs skype vs WhatsApp
Skype for business is a consolidated platform for all business communication needs. It offers you integrated business communication channels and online meetings, for a better user experience.
No doubt, it is an effective platform but it troubling at the same time. One of the most engaging troubling reason is- It requires a lot of disk space.
In this section, we will let you know about two useful methods that will help you effectively remove the program from your device without taking much of your time. The two methods are as follows:
- Using Skype Settings
- Using the Control Panel
The first method on the list by which you can disable it through Skype settings. To use this method, follow the steps thoroughly. Through this, you can remove it in just a few minutes.
- Firstly, open Skype for business on your device.
- Once you open it, then open the settings in the program. Now, move to select the tools option, and there tap on the Option.
- From the left side, select the personal option and uncheck it. It will automatically start the app (in the case of Windows 10). Now, again start the app in the foreground, and now, click on the Ok button to validate all the changes.
- Again, visit the settings option on Skype for Business interface. From there, choose the file and exit it.
If you have followed all the above steps as mentioned above, then congrats… you have disabled skype from your laptop.
Seeking to use this method for uninstalling it? Then this is a great method but for this, you have to remove all your profile cache removing the Skype for Business account, and after that removing it from Window 10 with the use of the Control Panel.
Confused….. Don’t be. Here, is a detailed guide that makes the process super easy and will definitely work for you.
Let’s move ahead:
- Firstly, open Skype for business and then sign out for this application.
- As shown a window will display on your screen and a sign-in interface will appear. In this interface, click on the Delete my sign-info option. Importantly, This will remove all your profile reserve for your skype business account and will also impair your auto sign-in option when the application will open.
- For now, close your business.
- Simply uninstall it like any other application on your device. Not sure how to do it then, these are the steps: In the bottom left corner of your screen, click on the window button and type the Control Account and press enter and open the control panel.
- Once you open it, click on the programs then features, then uninstall the program. It is like this:
Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program
- Choose the Skype for Business account and click on the uninstall.
Well, you are done. Your Skype for Business account is removed from your device.
Important Point: In case, you don’t view Skype for Business listed, then it indicated that you have been using an integrated program that is integrated with other offices 365 apps. The best way is to remove the office from your computer to uninstall it from your device.
But we recommend you, to do not delete the office apps rather use the first method to uninstall them. This will really work for you.
These are the two most powerful methods that are widely used to remove the program from the device. In case, you face any hurdle in between it then drop the issue in the comment section. We will get back to you soon.
Since you have uninstalled it, this is high time to introduce you to the best alternatives of Skype for Business. Here, we go with it:
See also: Best Voice Changing Softwares
This section contains the best alternatives that you can try in place of Skype for Business. Here, is a detailed list of the best alternatives:
Microsoft Teams is one of the best alternatives for the Skype business. With all the basic features of Skype business, you can expect a new working way with its advanced features such as:
- Steady team messaging.
- One to one messaging option is also available.
- Modern meeting experience with customized backgrounds, live subtitles, and events.
- Multiple integrations are available such as Trello, Asana and all the Microsoft productivity apps can be integrated with the software.
- Powerful automatic storage and management.
The second one on the list is Cisco Webex that is widely used for business meetings. It is widely used as a telepresence device. Even it easily integrates with most of the apps.
New features that are recently added and announced by the developer are:
- It offers you people insight
- No sharing restrictions- share anywhere
- Avalbilty of new VDI client.
- Improved video quality
- Offering you motion video during live interactions.
Continuing the list, the next one on the list is Slack which is popular for its persistent chat platform. When it comes to the user’s experience, it is the one that is known for it. Moreover, it has an upper hand in it.
Some of the great features are:
- Effortlessly manage your task-list.
- Offers you automated reminders.
- Has unique custom shortcuts
- Numerous bit integrations.
- Maintains documents and even you can search channels for the keywords.
A perfect combination of project management and team collaborations. This will increase your productivity and will manage all your projects in an efficient manner.
Some of the best attributes are:
- Both messaging facilities available: Direct and group messaging
- Easy task management
- Offers file integrations
- Even you can do email integration.
- Makes notes in it.
Zoom is one of the apps whose usage has increased tremendously. It is simple yet effective. Furthermore, it is one such app having a simple meeting, room systems, and many more.
Some of its effective features are:
- Customizable background
- Both internal and external communication
- Easy to use
- Simple interface
We are done with the list. If you want to add something to this, then share the application name in the reference section.
The article provides you depth information on how you can uninstall your skype for business and the best available alternatives that you can try to it. If you find the article useful, then let us know in the comment section.
For any queries, feel free to connect with us. We will connect with you as soon as we can.